POLICE SAFETY TIPS
- Hiring Servants
- Safety On The Road
- Vehicle Safety
- Safety At Home
The information on this page contains various Safety Tips which has been prepared with the intention to create awareness among the public whereby they can actively contribute towards crime control in their respective communities. Citizens can follow these simple steps and contribute towards making their communities safer and a better place to live in.
Citizens can also contribute through active participation by sharing information as the Policemen will not be able to function without the cooperation and support of the community he serves.
TIPS FOR HIRING HOUSE MAIDS
- Verification of character through Police (specially whenever hiring adult male/female helpers)
- Verify Informations listed below:-
i). Father's name
iv). Passport Photo (Take a new photograph)
v). Previous Employers reference (if applicable)
vi). Reason for termination (if applicable)
vii). Contact telephone/mobile numbers and address of local contacts, if any?
viii). Contact telephone/mobile numbers of middlemen
- Whenever a maid/servant is being removed for any misconduct inform the Police immediately.
SAFETY ON THE ROAD
- Follow Traffic Rules.
- Always give proper signal while stopping, turning or overtaking.
- Maintain the speed limit.
- Acknowledge the right of the pedestrian.
- Always drive in your own lane.
- Service your vehicle regularly.
- Always carry your Driving Licence and Vehicle Documents.
- Cooperate with the Police. They are there for your safety.
TIPS FOR CAR DRIVERS/OWNERS
- Always keep your vehicles locked properly at all times.
- Use security devices like steering wheel locks and door-locks for extra protection.
- Park your vehicles in locked garages at night. Do not park in secluded places.
- Get your Car's registration number etched on all the glass surfaces like front and rear wind shields and also on all the windows to assist the Police in tracing your car in case it is stolen.
- Always carry your driving license. Photocopy of the registration certificate should also be readily available during Police checkings.
- Cooperate with the Traffic Police on duty.
- Cooperate with the Police during checkings. They are doing the same to ensure your safety and convenience.
SAFETY AT HOME
- Always LOCK your house properly before leaving.
- Ensure that the Lock on your Doors and Windows are in good condition.
- Do not allow Strangers to enter your House.
- Check that the Electrical Wires and Outlets are in good condition.
- Check your Gas Pipes, Regulators and Cylinders periodically.
- Safety measures be taught to Children in case of Gas leakages.